Marfrig acquired Marfood USA (formerly Mirab USA) in January 2008.
One of the largest and most diversified global food companies in the world, Marfrig’s portfolio of businesses are involved in the production and distribution of fresh, processed, and prepared beef, pork, and poultry products, as well as frozen pre-cooked potatoes, vegetables, cold cuts and sausages, fish, ready-to-eat meals and pastas. The company also has semi-finished and finished leathers business. Marfrig also provides wide variety of products and services to clients in food distribution and quick serve restaurant industry.
The portfolio includes several solid, well positioned and well known brands that are symbols of high-quality, including SEARA, BASSI, MONTANA, PATY, PEMMICAN, TACUAREMBÓ and MOY PARK.
Globally, Marfrig has over 150 locations, including production and processing plants, commercial offices and distribution centers, in 22 countries on five continents.
Marfrig Group Certifications & Awards
- “Best Agribusiness Company” and “Best Meat Company” by the Exame Maiores e Melhores Magazine
- “Best Company in Financial Sustainability” by Isto E’ Dinheiro Magazine
- “Best Meat Company” by the Exame Maiores e Melhores Magazine
- USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
- Carbon Trust
- SOIL Association Organic Standard
- COMPASSION in World Farming